By Melissa Cook, Designer for Creative Displays Now
Note: This is the third in a series of articles (“Lessons”) covering the basics of corrugated displays and boxes.
Almost everything we buy gets shipped somehow, somewhere in a box. There are hundreds of thousands of different products out there, just like there are different boxes for each one of those items.
Here is a list of a few things for you to think about before shipping your product, which will help us customize your box to ensure safe delivery of your products.
- What is going in the box; what is the size of product?
- How many of this product will go into the box?
- How is it going to ship: UPS, FEDEX or Truck Line?
- Is the box shipping by itself, on a pallet, or double stacked?
- Will it be stacked in a warehouse? If so, approximately how long?
Our partner site, Custom Boxes Now, offers a nice online configuration tool that allows you to select from different box styles and strengths while seeing pricing in real-time. There is also a Shipping Box Help Center that addresses many aspects of designing and manufacturing shipping boxes.