How many changes have you noticed in your industry after the pandemic started? In recent years, retailers have transformed their point-of-purchase displays to be more dynamic and creative. Many companies have re-evaluated their marketing strategies post-COVID-19 and are now more willing to experiment with new technology and methods than before.
Learn more about modernizing your POP displays and the latest techniques and industry trends.
Table of Contents:
- Why Are Modern POP Displays Important?
- How to Modernize Your POP Displays
- How Do Modern POP Displays Sell Products?
- The Short-Term Impact of POP Marketing
- The Lasting Impact of POP Marketing
Why Are Modern POP Displays Important?
POP displays entice customers to decide to buy a product. These displays often showcase new or seasonal products that customers might impulse buy. They enhance the customers’ experience because they:
- Give a call-to-action: A traditional display calls customers to buy more products. Displays that effectively connect with the modern customer convert more shoppers into loyal buyers.
- Create an element of storytelling: Many displays incorporate technology to deliver short messages using verbal and visual cues. A display engages customers with its underlying message about your product.
- Advocate for sustainability: As customers are increasingly more concerned with the eco-conscious choices that companies make, many retailers are turning to sustainability in presenting their products. Effective displays keep up with this and other topics of relevance.
How to Modernize Your POP Displays
You want the best possible reactions to your POP displays. You can do this with:
1. Sustainable Corrugated Displays
The increased interest in environmentally conscious consumer practices has elevated the use of attractive displays made of sustainable materials. Corrugated cardboard POP displays are eco-friendly and versatile.
Cardboard can be made of recycled materials and is recyclable. Additionally, you can market a product of any shape with this material, from small items in countertop displays to bulk goods in pallet displays. Corrugated displays have colorful graphics and neatly organize your products, making them good for targeting impulse buyers in high-traffic areas and securing regular sales.
2. Interactive Displays
Many companies use interactive displays to complement traditional retail signage. Consumers have a more memorable experience when they can directly interact with a product or learn how to use it, making direct interaction a potentially valuable component of a sales strategy.
Give your customers the option of touching or trying your product before making a purchasing decision. This is one part of a brick-and-mortar store experience that consumers cannot experience online.
How Do Modern POP Displays Sell Products?
POP display trends help businesses grow by doing the following:
1. Promoting the Brand
POP displays help define your brand identity. Other than the products, your display showcases unique features about your company that modern customers appreciate, such as:
- Your company’s values, ideals or goals
- Minimalism in the design choices
- Eco-friendly business practices
- Social sustainability
- Featured sales
2. Creating Personal Connections
Consumers want to connect with the products they buy and feel like they are making a positive decision by purchasing the products. Customized POP displays can build that critical connection by introducing consumers to your brand with products that look their best.
Consumers want to feel good about their buying choices, so they seek brands that give them a subconscious reward.
3. Attracting Customers to Brick-and-Mortar Retailers
In the last few years, marketing has faced many unexpected challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. With internet sales continuing to increase in popularity, brick-and-mortar retailers fear a future where they are obsolete.
Although the internet is a prime sales ground now, all generations are shopping in stores for a large portion of their purchases. Newer POP display models can help keep stores relevant and increase interest in traditional shopping. Customers enjoy seeing the products in person and making quick store-to-home purchases instead of waiting for items to arrive in the mail.
The Short-Term Impact of POP Marketing
Retailers became more focused on safety and maintaining supply chains during the pandemic. The companies that experienced success from using POP marketing through the lockdowns adapted their sales strategies based on their:
- Product categories
- Customer base
- Stage of production
Certain product sales, such as impulse items, experienced a decrease in sales, so the manufacturers had to change how they reached customers. You might have turned to digital POP opportunities to keep up with the shift in demand for your products. Now, you can try new in-store consumer engagement methods.
Some retailers experienced a drop in secondary merchandising, and many also lowered their total number of product displays in anticipation of fewer in-store shoppers. With a lower number of secondary displays, you need to ensure the displays you do use are high quality and can get customers’ attention.
Other features of in-store shopping that became commonplace for a short period include:
- Social distancing guidelines displayed on floor decals
- Mask-mandate signage
- Buy online, pick up in-store (BOPIS) signage and written directions
- Curbside fulfillment signage and written directions
The Lasting Impact of POP Marketing
Shoppers made several shifts in their behavior during the pandemic, and many people are now so accustomed to changes in the store environment that retailers have continued to display products using new methods. As far as future strategies for product displays and point-of-purchase marketing, you can continue expecting:
- Speedy shopping: Shoppers are used to spending less time in stores and being able to navigate the aisles quickly. Your displays should promote a quick entrance and exit rather than feeling like a blockade.
- Fast attention-grabbers: Your product displays need to grab the customers’ attention and deliver the product’s message more quickly than ever before.
- Touchless marketing: Product displays are most successful when customers can interact or view the products without touching anything. Augmented reality, QR codes and other features allow shoppers to get information about the product without physically interacting with your display.
- Adequate spacing: Shoppers are more sensitive to close interactions with others and prefer to socially distance rather than share contact. Your display can help promote spacing between shoppers by being browsable from more than one side.
- Innovative technology: Before COVID-19, many of the newest displays had touchscreen components, but the sanitation guidelines made this feature difficult to continue employing. Use technology in your functional and innovative displays, like touchless play features and Bluetooth speakers.
- Omnichannel shopping: Many shoppers carry their smartphone devices with them into stores. Adapt your sales strategy to accommodate shoppers who are comfortable using e-commerce and online inventory features while they browse for products.
- Population targeting: Station your display near store pickup areas to attract the interest of more impulse buyers.
Create a POP Display to Boost Your Sales
When you get your retail display made with Creative Displays Now, you gain a partner who cares about sustainability and understands modern customers. Contact our experts to get an estimate today, and start printing custom displays that fit your vision for your products.