If you’re selling food products, you don’t need us to tell you just how important it is that your tasty treats are displayed on an effective and proper food display stand.
But how do you find that perfect display that’s just right for your delicious items?
Great question…we believe wholeheartedly that not all displays are created equally. So read on to learn everything you need to know about selecting the perfect food display that represents, and more importantly, sells your brand.
Typically, your display is going to be one of the first things your customers will notice when browsing your retail space. But even if it’s not prominently placed (meaning, at the front of your marketplace), it still (perhaps even more so) needs to be a show-stopping sight once your customers find their way to it inside your store.
If it’s not eye catching, you may not attract the number of customers you want. Think of your own experience going into a store and purchasing food. Let’s say you see two different display stands, both offering brand new products that were just released.
STAND A: is bright, vibrant and shows you right off the bat what you’re buying. Product is neatly arranged and stacked, and the display literally looks like it was made just for the items housed in it.
STAND B (B is for boring): is dull, lackluster and just a basic generic display case that only has the brand’s name and logo. Food items are haphazardly tossed on it.
Think about it: which display would you be more attracted to when shopping for food?
Think About: Design
When designing a food display stand, there are several key considerations to keep in mind. For example:
- Use bright, vibrant and eye-catching colors. In a sea of competition, the more outstanding your display, the more likely people will be to notice it while they’re shopping.
- You also need to make it clear what type of food is being sold and what type of experience the buyer will have. Dessert? Snack? Specialty diet or health item? (i.e., gluten free, low-sugar or vegan? Be sure your display conveys this).
- Take advantage of this prime real estate to brand! Blatantly place your company name, logo and brand colors on your display.
- Ideally, you want to try to match your food label and product with the display so it looks If the food and display don’t match, even if they love what you’re selling, consumers may not make the association between display and product when shopping the next time. Remember, the psychology of marketing is a huge opportunity!
Think About: Type
The type of display you use is also going to make a difference in how your product is perceived.
- First: Do you want a counter display? Custom floor display? Endcap? You need to really visualize how and where your product will best sell. And keep in mind, you want a display that’s large enough to hold a good number of product on it, but not so large that it becomes cumbersome and problematic for people navigating a store. There have been many instances of stores refusing to use a display if it’s too large, so you need to find that happy medium when designing your display. Bigger isn’t always better when it comes to food display stands.
- It’s also important to have displays professionally designed so you don’t give off a cheap vibe. For example, if you attempt to design your own stand, you might end up with images that aren’t properly sized or a logo that looks grainy, or worse, an unstable and unsafe display. When you trust your display to the professionals, you’ll end up with a gorgeous, sturdy design that looks expertly created perfectly for your item and that will represent your brand in the best light possible.
Keep in mind that whatever display stand you use will ultimately be what people associate with your brand, products and company, so it needs to be attractive, bright and the right size for most stores and locations where your products will be sold.
Need help designing your food display? Creative Displays Now is here and ready to guide you. Reach out or call us today at 1-855-284-6922 to learn more about how we’ve helped hundreds of brands design the perfect display to sell their food product. We know what works!