As more aspects of sales go digital, you probably think about how you can stay ahead with marketing techniques and strategies that will work in the modern industry. Physical temporary displays are still beneficial for sales. Keep reading to learn about the value of using temporary vs. digital displays to promote your products.
What Is a Temporary Display?
Temporary displays are designed to have a short life span in retail stores. Once a display of this type has served its purpose, it is thrown away or recycled. They are highly versatile in their design options and are typically made from durable corrugated materials, chipboard or folding cartons, so they are easy to repurpose or recycle. They are available as floor displays, counter displays and multiple other types.
A temporary display can be pre-packed with your products and sent to retailers as a cohesive unit, ready to set up. They can also be set up by store employees.
Temporary point-of-purchase (POP) displays are useful for:
- Product launches
- Limited supply runs
- A series of products that will look best on their own display instead of on store shelves
What Are the Benefits of Using a Temporary Display?
Sellers sometimes ask why using temporary displays is required to maintain their sales or gain new customers consistently. A temporary display can make a difference in your retail sales, reaching an audience that might spend less time on the internet than your online shoppers. If you normally use digital advertising to market your products, setting up a temporary display can provide many benefits, including:
1. Drawing Interest
Temporary POP displays are visually appealing to customers and can really make your line of products stand out, especially with carefully selected custom aesthetics. This type of display comes with many custom options and can also be interactive for your customers. Temporary displays are an effective way to draw the attention of customers who shop at brick-and-mortar stores beyond the product packaging itself.
2. Providing Information
Shoppers will be able to learn more about your products from a POP display before they are exposed to the packaging. Consumers who are still in the interest phase might pass by your products without picking them up, but a POP display helps incentivize them to try a product as they pass by.
3. Enhancing the Customer’s Experience
Retailers use POP displays to make their stores engaging to their customers. The displays provide a tactile appeal that customers are unable to get when shopping online. They are drawn to the colors and graphics on the display.
4. Making Your Merchandising Effective
Retailers might provide merchandising that is ineffective or could be improved. They have a limited understanding of your brand and products and will typically display them near your competitors’ products. Providing a temporary display is one way to ensure that your partners showcase your products in the ways that you want.
Temporary POP displays are designed to be easy to set up for all employees and they give your partners an idea of how you want your products to look in the store environment.
5. Elevating Your Brand
Shoppers who are drawn to the temporary display will associate your brand with its design. A creative temporary display that is interesting to look at will serve to elevate your brand. Customers will get a good first impression when they notice your products and gain a lasting memory of your brand. You want to design a custom display of good quality to make shoppers trust your brand.
6. Targeting Impulse Buyers
Impulse buyers are likely to make additional purchases after they find the products they came to look for. A temporary POP display incentivizes them to buy your products as they pass through a high-traffic area where the retailer stations the display. You can use your display to target an audience relevant to your product line because those shoppers will be in the store and easier to influence with your marketing message.
Many customers make buying decisions after entering a store rather than sticking to a strict list. Temporary displays help influence them to buy products because they can get a valuable sales deal or because they realize they need or want that type of product.
7. Providing a High Return-on-Investment (ROI)
Temporary displays are an affordable marketing technique that can benefit many different types of products. The majority of purchases take place at brick-and-mortar retail stores instead of online. Many customers prefer having an opportunity to interact with or try on a product before deciding to make a purchase.
Temporary displays are highly effective in a fast-paced sales environment. They make a good investment opportunity for promoting products that you want to sell at a physical location.
What Are the Types of Temporary Displays?
Most temporary displays are made from corrugated cardboard materials. Below are some common types of temporary displays and their uses:
- Seasonal displays: Temporary displays are often used for seasonal promotions or new releases. Seasonal displays are usually stationed with other seasonal products in an area designated for them, but retailers can also station a seasonal display in other locations, depending on the product line.
- Counter shipper displays: This type sits on a retail counter or other high-traffic location and is easy for customers to see.
- Floor displays: This type is built to sit on the store floor near a counter or beside a shelf system.
Are Temporary Displays Still Useful to Your Industry?
In modern marketing, digital displays are popular and effective for driving up sales. Although these displays are good for many purposes, temporary displays still do many things that digital displays are unable to. Below are the industries that commonly rely on temporary displays:
What Industries Use Temporary Displays?
All industries that market their products and services can use temporary displays. Like many other forms of marketing, displays are universally effective.
- Beverage: The materials used to make temporary displays are easy to shape into bottle pockets, making them a good choice for the beverage industry.
- Food and grocery: Corrugated materials have traditionally been used to separate and display food items, so customers often associate temporary displays with grocery products.
- Nutritional products: Creative temporary displays can also showcase nutritional products like powders and pills.
- Pet supplies and food: Temporary displays are also suitable for marketing food and other supplies for animals.
- Electronics: The capability of bright, custom print makes a temporary display a good choice for electronic products.
- Hardware and home goods: Popular hardware items displayed using a temporary setup stay well-organized and are easy to sell.
- Club stores: Many retail stores use temporary displays to showcase products, including Costco, Sam’s Club, BJ’s and others. These stores use all of the above strategies to ensure that customers enjoy the buying experience.
Order a Temporary Product Display With Creative Displays Now
At Creative Displays Now, we provide a variety of custom options. Contact us to learn more about our displays or get an estimate today.